NAMI Chelan-Douglas is a regional affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness serving people in the greater Wenatchee Valley area.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life and care for all affected by mental illness through education, support, and advocacy.
We offer two support groups every month open to anyone directly or indirectly affected by mental illness needing support or wanting to offer it:
– 1st Monday, 4pm to 5:30pm (changing to 5:30 to 7:00pm in the Fall)
– 3rd Thursday, 7pm to 8:30pm
We break the attendees into two groups to provide more targeted support: those seeking support as a mental health consumer, and family members who are experiencing the challenge of supporting a loved one with a mental illness.
On the 3rd Thursday meeting we have a speaker for the first ½ hour on a topic of interest to our members:
– April 20th: Kris Davis from Catholic Family Services will talk about Crisis Services including hospitalization, diversion care, in-patient care as well as the full range of mental health care services offered by Catholic Family.
– May 18th: Chris Tippet from The Center will talk about their programs for the treatment of chemical dependency. Also learn about family support for loved ones with addiction.
We hold a monthly administrative meeting run by our Board of Directors that all active members are welcome to participate in:
– 2nd Tuesday, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
– Annual Meeting: Tuesday, May 16th, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Directions: Follow Ferry St. West from S. Mission St., turn right on Cascade Street (heading North), and then take the first right onto Lewis St. to find the Community Action Council building on the lefthand (Northern) side.